Note: The featured image was taken this morning to illustrate the results of following a strict booty/core routine at the gym. I’ve weight lifted for years so i am luckily building mass in my glutes and legs quite quickly. Physical results depend on you! The more you commit yourself to a consistent exercise routine, the better the results will be. Read on to find out what i worked on yesterday!
Hello! Yesterday’s hour and a half workout ended up being a killer sweatfest. I arrived at my local LA Fitness feeling quite unmotivated. I likely felt this way because i failed to consume a carb-rich snack prior to my gym session. Eating or drinking some calories/carbs before each workout session you perform is the key to taking your fitness to the next level. You can’t get a car to squeak out a few more miles if the gas tank is empty.
Think of your body as a well-oiled machine, which you must maintain as you would your future dream car. Would you drive it recklessly and without considering what will happen to the vehicle once you lose control of it?
Treat your body as you would your most prized possession. Push yourself to try new workouts and focus on form. Respect your body’s limits. As i like to say, your body is your temple. Treat it as such! With that said, today i’ve decided to take the day off from strenuous physical activity. My muscles feel quite sore, so i will do some stretching and prepare for my next workout tomorrow!
Remember to: select the weight setting that is right for you and your workout.
Here’s Yesterday’s Workout Session:
• To warm up, i went on the stair climber for 10-20 minutes. While on this machine, i’d advise you to go as slow or fast as you’d like. What you should not do is lean your arms on the armrests or grab the armrests, using them to help you climb up the steps. Make sure your legs are rising
Next, i performed a core circuit:
• Forearm plank, 45 seconds. Form- Keep butt and head in line with the rest of your body in order to achieve the best form possible.
• 25 crunches. Form- Make sure arms are reaching up above your head and eyes are focused on a single spot on the ceiling the entire time. This will help you maintain your form.
• 25 russian twists. Form- perform the twists slowly, taking a pause on each side before returning to the middle.
Repeat 4 times.
Booty Blast workout for today:
• 15 weighted hip/glute bridges. Form- lay on your back, keeping both legs bent and feet firmly on the ground. Throughout the routine, make sure your shoulders and head remain firmly on the mat. I grabbed a 45lb plate and laid it on top of my chest/stomach/leg area for each set. Select a weight that is right for you. Raise your hips up, and and at the top squeeze your glutes before slowly dropping your hips back to the mat. Repeat.
• 15 seated leg presses. Form- sit with back and glutes firmly against the machine’s chair. Place feet evenly apart on the platform. I set the weight at 230lbs. Remember to set the machines at a weight which works for your and your fitness level! Push the platform away from you, then slowly bring legs back to a 90 degree angle. Repeat.
• Walk on treadmill. 10 minutes.
Once you have finished the routine, make sure you grab yourself a low sugar protein drink, bar, or a healthy protein-packed meal. Feeling sore and slightly fatigued means you pushed your body harder than usual, which equals muscle growth. To prevent muscle tightness that may creep up on you tomorrow, do some static stretches before you end your session.
Thanks for taking a read. Let me know what you think about this workout plan. I’d love to learn about some of your own workout plans as well!
Abbie Leigh B 🐰🖤